Referral Services Offered
Our board-certified veterinarians provide the latest in diagnosis and treatment options for dogs and cats.
Our onsite laboratory allows for fast and accurate diagnostics, and a sample of our referral services include:
- Cardiology—Diagnostic catheterization, pacemaker implants, PDA embolization, balloon valvuloplasty
- CT scans
- Radiology—Urethral stenting, tracheal stenting, intrahepatic portosystemic shunt embolization
- Surgical services—Arthroscopic, Neurologic, Orthopedic, Soft tissue, Vascular
- 24-hour critical care
- Internal Medicine
Strong communication is important to us. We strive to remain in communication with every referring veterinarian, ensuring you are fully informed of your patient’s progress and treatments.
You can expect the following:
- A faxed or emailed summary report after the appointment
- A full report returned within 24 to 48 hours of a patient’s procedure with us
- Copies of all lab work and diagnostics performed by Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty Center
How to Refer a Patient
Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty Center strives to make the referral process as convenient as possible.
The three options for referring a patient are as follows:
- Download a Referral Form and fax it back to (512) 744-4648.
- Complete an Online Referral Form (this will be submitted to us automatically, no faxing required).
- Contact us directly and speak to a Heart of Texas team member.
Please don’t forget to provide us with necessary medical records, radiographs, and advanced imaging.
Our Veterinary Specialists & Staff
If you have any questions regarding our referral services offerings or if our services are appropriate for your patient, please do not hesitate to contact us. Additionally, Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty Center can provide brochures for distribution to your patients upon request.