Surgical Pain Management
We take the utmost care to keep your pet calm, comfortable, and pain free during veterinary surgery. We offer a variety of pain management treatments including oral or injectable pain medications, and constant rate infusion pumps. Our advanced surgical suite and intensive care unit are designed to keep your pet pain free during surgery and through recovery.
Post-Surgical Pain Management
Following your pet’s surgery, we can prescribe pain medication that you can administer at home. Not all pain medications are safe for both dogs and cats. It is important to use only the pain medication prescribed for your pet.
Chronic Pain Management
Pet Pain Symptoms
Please inform us if you notice any signs that you pet may be in pain such as:
- Vocal cues
- Meowing, growling, yelping
- Changes in daily habits
- Withdrawn, decreased appetite, frequent urination, hiding
- Licking, biting, scratching at a particular body part
- Change in activity level
- Restless, reluctant to move, limps, avoids being handled
- Doesn’t put weight on a limb, doesn’t want to be picked up or held
Please contact us if you suspect your pet is suffering from pain. We look forward to partnering with you to find the best pet pain relief option for you and your pet.